Saturday, January 3, 2009

Motherhood Moment

Anthony is finishing up second grade Language, and a recent lesson included completing sentences. I glanced over his work, scratched my head, and then suggested, "Um, how about you read your sentences to me?" He willingly complied, and I was able to hide my grin as I stood behind his desk.

My brother is vere funny. (That would be Derek, he explained.)

The old lamp could brake.

Grandmother is vere nice.

The strong wind blew me over. (Chuckles with satisfaction.)

Rainy days are yuci. (More chuckles.)

The lonely dog was sad.

My mother is prite. (This is why I had him read his work to me- I just had to know what I was!)

Oh, and did I mention we're studying Spelling now?


4 comments:

Betty Ann Stoltzfus said...

So, what were you? :)

Naomi said...

Guess!

Anonymous said...

I came upon your site, and enjoyed catching up on your life abit. Brought back memories too. Wonder if you get over the the home much,and if it is still in full operation. You can peek in on our life at xamga.com/happymyerfamily if you wish. God bless your day!

Anonymous said...

sounds soooo familiar with the spelling part. Sometimes when I am checking I just have to smile. God bless your day, Love ~Sharon