Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Then Sings My Soul

There's an acacia tree behind the apartment that seems extra happy right now. I went out one morning to try to capture a few images of the brilliant orange blossoms, but alas, our outdated point-and-shoot camera does a very sad job.

All the beauty around me continually inspires my heart to worship; it is quite unlike any other place we have ever lived.
I kept taking pictures. Here is one colony of Montezuma Oropendulas, a large type of oriole, who build the most amazing swinging nests!
I never tire of the coconut palms against the blue Honduran sky.

...Or the abundance of fresh limes right at my back door.

Sometimes I wonder why God has been so good in allowing us to live in this small paradise. I mean, we could surely serve Him just as well on some barren little plot of sagebrush and scrub! But I do love the fact that simply opening my front door every morning and facing the sunrise moves me to praise my Creator God. Maybe it is the keen awareness that we have been given so much, much more than we ever asked for or dreamed of, that swells my heart with gratefulness and worship. But then, has it not always been so? Have I ever possessed anything that I rightfully deserved? I think God is simply going out of His way to teach me some precious lessons, and I am honored to be in this school of His!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God loves to teach us.

Dorcas Peight said...

My heart swells with gladness that you have the opportunity to live in this place! ( So do you think maybe God allowed the tree to fall onto the roof last week so that you remember that this isn't paradise yet? : ) Really, though, He is pleased to have someone living there who worships Him when they look on His handiwork.