Tuesday, October 20, 2009

About...

Life: It's all about Jesus; His purpose and His glory!

My Kitchen: A place for coffee, chopping vegetables, and heart-to-heart conversation.

Patience: It's tireless and long-suffering; has the power to endure whatever comes, with good temper. (Col. 3:12, Amplified Bible)

Derek: Loves people. And, unlike his mother, he will never long for "just a small space of peace and quiet".

The Sky: There's nothing in all the world like a Honduras sky. I fall in love again and again.

Listening: What my sweet friend Janie does best. Thank you Lord, for her short visit!

School: Happy, happy children. Contented parents. Patient teacher.

God's Love: I am discovering it anew. And wondering how we can know such a huge, powerful, passionate love and yet remain so unmoved.

Emily: Celebrated her eleventh birthday. How can this be happening to me?

Our Table: Now regularly seats ten people.

Manners: What my children are learning since there are ten people at the table.

Guests: They are plentiful and kind and generous.

Chocolate: My cup runneth over, thanks to some of those generous guests.

Gratefulness: What shines in Mandie's eyes when I sew a dress for her beloved Baby Maggie- followed by a hug and, "Baby Maggie wuvs me!"

Jackets and Socks: The new novelty since the weather has suddenly turned cold and rainy.

Potty Training:
Definitely not my field of expertise.

After Dinner Conversation: Anything from homemade rockets and basketball to courtship and "finding God's will". Having three young people around has certainly added an interesting dimension to our lives!

The Truth: Sets us FREE. I love it!

Long-suffering: You, if you have endured to the end of this post.

Me: Loving my life!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your thoughts about chocolate.

Gabriel & Hillarey said...

smiles and love comin' your way!

Unknown said...

Dear Naomi, God bless you for sharing your life for His glory.What you said about the sky in Honduras gives me a desire to go there! I enjoy it a lot!! Love you,Aunt Ida

dani's lissa said...

May we be some of those guests soon? We got tickets yesterday for Nov. 15. We are ridiculously excited about our two and a half week visit to Honduras, and look forward to seeing you in there sometime...