Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Refreshment

Well, after that stressful week, God graciously provided me with a mini vacation. Tim needed to make a trip to the town of Santa Barbara to take Bibles and books to a vendor there, so we decided to make a family day out of the occasion. The three oldest children were delighted to ride on the back of the pickup truck for the hour-long drive into the mountains. I have long wanted to see the town of Santa Barbara which I have heard much about, and I was not disappointed. It is an old colonial style town; its narrow streets are shared by both modern automobiles and mountain men in their best sombreros. I had hoped to find a market where the woven hats and baskets are sold, but we had no such luck. Since shopping was not considered of general interest by the rest of the family, we chose to enjoy the drive and the glorious views instead.
I never cease to be impressed with the Hondurans' abilities to cultivate the steepest hillsides!


A typical rainy season afternoon cloud, preparing to divulge its contents onto the expectant earth...

We stopped for lunch at a place that boasted a tree house unlike any I have ever seen. I was much too lazy to climb those many steps to the top deck, but my boys were highly impressed!

What impressed me was this fountain. I love the clay vessels and natural rock, but I can think of so many ways to improve it... with tropical foliage, a couple orchids, delicate ferns, and a few of my hubby's colorful fish!

A day away from the house does wonders for a Mom's perspective, and I came home refreshed and altogether thankful to hop back into my fishbowl! :)

2 comments:

Buff said...

Awww... so glad for you. I've never gotten to see Santa Barbara either.
I look forward to having lunch with Bertha and Sisters tomorrow. :)

Gabriel & Hillarey said...

Yah for husbands who take such good care of us!!